Kings XI Punjab will play their first match on Monday(25 March 2019) in Jaipur against Rajasthan Royals (RR vs KXIP). After retaining, as well as pocketing, some valuable players in the auction, KXIP, which could not reach the playoffs last year, is expected to perform on a different note this year.
The mystery spinner, bagged by KXIP for a whopping Rs 8.4 crore, has six variations in his kitty: off – break, leg – break, flipper, top-spinner, carrom ball and the googly. For KXIP, Varun Chakravarthy will be the Spinner to look at.
KXIP Playing 11 Against RR
1) Chris Gayle- The destructive left-hander is only six runs away from completing 4000 runs in the IPL and it will be hard to stop the Kings XI Punjab juggernaut if he gets going top of the innings.
2) KL Rahul- For KL Rahul, IPL this year will be extremely important as he will seek to make a successful comeback after the Koffee with Karan controversy and a good show in the tournament can fix his spot in the squad of the World Cup.
3) Mayank Agarwal- Mayank Agarwal had a good outing in the test series against Australia for India and will now be keen to make amends in the IPL for Kings XI Punjab, after scoring only 120 runs in 11 games in IPL 2018.
4) Karun Nair- For Kings XI Punjab, Karun Nair is a reliable choice at No. 4 and his previous performances in the IPL and on the international arena have proved valuable to any side.
5) Mandeep Singh- Last season, the new recruit scored 252 runs in 14 matches for Royal Challengers Bangalore, and this time he’ll certainly seek to improve his record.
6) Ravichandran Ashwin- Because of injury concerns, the skipper has been missing in action for quite some time, but all that’s going on in the past and against Rajasthan Royals, he’ll surely be looking to win his team.
7) Sam Curran- Kings XI Punjab paid a massive Rs 7.20 Crore to purchase Sam Curran’s and the amount shows clearly how much the team values the England all-rounder who performed brilliantly against India.
8) Mujeeb Ur Rahman- Last year, Afghanistan’s 17-year – old spinner was brilliant for Kings XI Punjab and the management retained the spinner as he will be looking to bamboozle the batsmen this season again.
9) Andrew Tye- Andrew Tye was the highest wicket-taker in IPL 2018 with 24 wickets in 14 matches at an average of 18.66 and will again lead the Kings XI Punjab bowling attack this year.
10) Varun Chakravarthy- After commanding a massive Rs 8.40 Crore auction fee, Tamil Nadu’all-rounder has a lot to prove but if his past records are any indication, he can turn out to be an asset to his IPL side.
11) Mohammad Shami- Shami enjoyed a brilliant run of form in the recently concluded ODI series against Australia and this will be a great place for him to gain some momentum with the World Cup just around the corner.